Today went really well! I worked in the hallway with Ryan, Myles, and Jack in their Math Books. I really enjoy working with them because they are always focused and really try to help each other understand and work together. It's funny because they make math seem like a game and get really excited and cheer when they get the correct answer to a problem. So, that was a great start to the day and after we worked on Fairy Tale's and trying to get everyone to finish! The kids were so patient, respectful, and all followed directions this morning. I was wonderful! After a rough day with Derek yesterday, he did a complete turn around and was so sweet with me today. He was polite, ask for my help, and waited in line quietly when i was helping other students. I was very impressed! I cut out many cover pages today, help students glue them on properly, cut out little white rectangles for them to write their title's on and then glue to their cover, and helped students glue their about the author and dedication into their books. It was a very successful morning! Many of the students finished their entire book today, leaving only a few more to finish. I am fascinated in the wide range of the quality of work and effort that the students put into creating the fairy tale's. Some of them are so well done; their cuts are clean, their pictures are all colored and glued in neatly, and their cover and title is glue on straight. Then their are the students who went for speed; their pictures are sloppy, their story is glued on crooked and hanging off the pages, and some words/pictures are even taped on. The majority of the students tried very hard on this project and wanted to do their best work, which is amazing.
After working on fairy tales the students went to Computer class, lunch, recess, and then were going to watch a movie, so i took a half day today. It was beautiful outside this afternoon and it was a nice, relaxing way to end the long week. I am having so much fun spending time with these kids, even though some days are difficult, and i really look forward to Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment